Persönliche Beratung
Service
Auftragsstatus
Mein Account
Registrieren    Anmelden    Forum    Suche    FAQ    Netiquette    Nutzungsbedingungen    Datenschutzerklärung

Foren-Übersicht » Unsere Gestaltungswelt » Ideenfindung - Ihre Gestaltung zur Diskussion

Sie sind sich bei der eigenen Gestaltung unschlüssig? Hier können Sie sich mit anderen Anwendern und unseren Designern austauschen.
Comments to my Photobook
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Comments to my Photobook

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 24.01.2018, 12:29

Hi,

As I have told you before I do not get any comments when I publish a Photobook in DK. Therefore I have chosen to publish here and ask if you will comment, please?

I really would like to hear what I should do better.

http://www.cewe-fotobuch.de/view/72b255 ... 374b97a0cf

Hope you will take a little time to write.

Plrase - Please! D:)

PS: It is a sort of yearbook with my grandchildren!
Kind regards
Lis
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Re: Comments to my Photobook

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 24.01.2018, 13:10

Lis Viggers hat geschrieben:
Hi,

As I have told you before I do not get any comments when I publish a Photobook in DK. Therefore I have chosen to publish here and ask if you will comment, please?

I really would like to hear what I should do better.

http://www.cewe-fotobuch.de/view/72b255 ... 374b97a0cf

Hope you will take a little time to write.

Plrase - Please! D:)

PS: It is a sort of yearbook with my grandchildren!
PPS: Comments in German is welcome, too. Even if I don't write it I understand most of it D:-? D:-?
Kind regards
Lis
Martha

500 Beiträge
Gliedstaat: Rheinland-Pfalz

Ungelesener Beitragvon Martha » 24.01.2018, 13:38

Hallo liebe Lis,
ich kann zwar überhaupt kein englisch, aber es gibt ja Googel-Übersetzter ;-)
Mir gefällt dein Buch sehr, du hast viele schöne Ideen wie ich finde, die Gestaltung hat einen roten Faden und ich wüsste nicht, was du besser machen könntest, mir gefällt es wirklich sehr, sehr gut. Idee vom Cover finde ich toll, vielleicht hätte man dort eine hellere Farbe nehmen können (?)
Lg von Martha

Hello dear Lis,
I can not speak English at all, but there are Googel translators ;-)
I like your book a lot, you have a lot of nice ideas I think, the design has a common thread and I do not know what you could do better, I really like it very, very well. Idea of the cover I think great, maybe you could have taken a lighter color there (?)
Lg from Martha
Alle Menschen sind Gehirnbesitzer, aber nicht alle Menschen sind Gehirnbenutzer.
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 24.01.2018, 15:04

Martha hat geschrieben:
Hallo liebe Lis,
ich kann zwar überhaupt kein englisch, aber es gibt ja Googel-Übersetzter ;-)
Mir gefällt dein Buch sehr, du hast viele schöne Ideen wie ich finde, die Gestaltung hat einen roten Faden und ich wüsste nicht, was du besser machen könntest, mir gefällt es wirklich sehr, sehr gut. Idee vom Cover finde ich toll, vielleicht hätte man dort eine hellere Farbe nehmen können (?)
Lg von Martha

Hello dear Lis,
I can not speak English at all, but there are Googel translators ;-)
I like your book a lot, you have a lot of nice ideas I think, the design has a common thread and I do not know what you could do better, I really like it very, very well. Idea of the cover I think great, maybe you could have taken a lighter color there (?)
Lg from Martha
Dear Martha,

Thank you very much for your fine words. D:winki:
Kind regards
Lis
Benutzeravatar Offline
Rotuma

5000 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Rotuma » 24.01.2018, 18:35

Hi Liz,
Your book looks quite nice, but I’m not so happy with the choice of photographs. I just pick out a couple of pages to show you what I mean.

24-01-_2018_13-07-08.jpg
These four pictures look more or less the same, you as grandmother might see the difference. It reminds me of the Christmas challenge, spot the differences. 😊
The photo at the bottom right, shows more of the room than the children. I would have chosen the top right one and place it as one single picture.

24-01-_2018_13-08-59.jpg
The same goes with this one. The photo on the bottom left shows so much road that you can hardly make out the boy.
D:wink: Alle Menschen sind klug - die einen vorher, die anderen nachher. D:roll:
---------------------------------------------------
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 24.01.2018, 19:38

Hi Rotuma,

Thank very much. I totally agree and it is exactly comments like yours I want so that I don't make the same "mistakes" next year. I know you think there are to many pictures on some of the pages, but I think it sometimes is difficult to choose
Kind regards
Lis
Benutzeravatar Offline
Zaubermaus

500 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Zaubermaus » 25.01.2018, 10:28

Liebe Liz,
auch mir gefällt das Buch sehr gut, man sieht mit wie viel Liebe und grossem Aufwand es gemacht wurde. Und ich weiss wovon ich spreche denn ich mache für meine Enkelkinder auch Jahr für Jahr solche "Jahrbücher" und die Kinder lieben es! Wir sehen uns die Bücher immer wieder gemeinsam mit Begeisterung an und erinnern uns dann an die jeweiligen Ereignisse!
LG Zaubermaus
LG Zaubermaus
old girl

100 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon old girl » 25.01.2018, 17:41

Hi Liz,

I just know too well how difficult it is to choose.... If I have a series of more or less the same scene, I always choose the photo that shows a) typical or funny mimics (face!!) or a typical or funny posture of the body. The others are then sadly "forgotten"... But sometimes I choose op to 3 (not more!) pictures of the same scene, but then the faces / figures must all have the same size, so mybe I must enlarge them with the + button and I place them all in one line, either vertical or better horizontal.

The pictures Rotuma spoke about: if you had enlarged the faces of all four pictures up to the size of the one top right, it would have had a better effect. But I agree with Rotuma, just take the one top left (nicer face of the girl), make it a real good sized one an place it in the middle. It gives you all the details of the two children, noo real need to add more pictures.

same goes with the boy : I would have chosen top left, top right and bottom centre, but again enlarged top left and bottom centre to the same face-size of top right. And place them in a horizontal line in the middle of the page.

I hope you understand what I mean and don't hesitate to ask again!

Greetings to Aarhus! (not far from my bithplace)
old girl
nur wer fragt, kann etwas lernen
old girl

100 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon old girl » 25.01.2018, 17:46

oh I forgot: I really like how creative you are with the backgrounds!
old girl
nur wer fragt, kann etwas lernen
Benutzeravatar Offline
grasmuecke

2500 Beiträge
Gliedstaat: Wien

Ungelesener Beitragvon grasmuecke » 25.01.2018, 23:42

Hallo Liz,

deine Bilderrahmen gefallen mir gut!

Aber eins nach dem anderen:
Insgesamt gefällt mir das Buch sehr gut. Deine Kinder müssen sehr viel Freude damit haben. Und deine Enkelkinder werden früher oder später auch noch ein paar schöne Momente beim Anschauen des Fotobuchs haben. Wenn die Flut an digitalen Fotobüchern weiter zunimmt, wird man sich vielleicht besonders an den gedruckten Werken, die nur noch die best-ofs enthalten, erfreuen.

Darauf bezieht sich auch meine erste Anmerkung: Vielleicht sollte mehr Text sein, wer auf den Bildern zu sehen ist, wo das Foto gemacht wurde (z.B. "bei Oma im Wohnzimmer"). Jetzt ist die Information sicher langweilig, weil alle wissen, was 2017 los war, aber in 20 Jahren erkennt man schon so manchen nicht mehr so sicher.

Das Titelblatt würde ich wahrscheinlich anders machen. Ich kann nicht erkennen, was der Shape von der Wordcloud sein soll. Wenn nur "2017" am Deckblatt stehen soll, dann gefallen mir die Varianten mit den einzelnen Ziffern besser.

Am ersten Blatt sind 2 sehr nette Fotos von deinen Enkelkindern, aber ihre Namen habe ich nicht gesehen.
Auch sollte dein Name irgendwo stehen. Am nettesten würde ich es finden, wenn du am ersten Blatt ein paar Worte über das Fotobuch schreibst.

Die Ansicht des Deckblatts auf der Rückseite in abgedeckter Form zu wiederholen, ist genial!

Mir gefallen deine Rahmen und deine Hintergründe sehr gut. Ich bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob der waagrechte Strich auf jeder Seite so gut passt.
Ein paar Seiten gefallen mir besonders gut - zB Fastelavn im Februar - aber es ist schwer sie hier aufzuzählen, weil es keine Seitennummern gibt.

Soviel meinerseits. Insgesamt wirklich ein sehr schönes Buch!

Liz, I hope my german is not to complicated. In case there is something you want to be translated just let me know.
Other question - can I come to your xmas dinner 2018 ? D:)
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 27.01.2018, 19:56

To old girl and Zaubermaus: Thank you so much for your comments. They mean a lot to me and I really will remember them when I create the next "Yearbook".

BTW old girl: You must tell me where you are born.

To Grasmucke: I have been thinking about text. I do not use much text in my photobooks, but I think "I will make some changes here"

I have read the section about the front page " Titelblat" several times and I really did not understand it - until now! And I agree!

And I certainly will write a little on page 2.

But: Do you really think I should have written my grandchildren's names - or did I misunderstand you?

I will remember numbers on the pages in my next books - I think you are quite right here.

PS: And I am sure my son and his wife will welcome you next Christmas C:winki:
Kind regards
Lis
Benutzeravatar Offline
pitty

2500 Beiträge
Gliedstaat: Berlin

Ungelesener Beitragvon pitty » 27.01.2018, 23:30

Liebe Lis Viggers,

Thank you for showing us your very private photo book. There are a lot of pages and a lot of photos, but they mostly tell a nice story about the scene. I especially like the double pages, where a large photo of a certain scene is told on one side and a sequel story on the other side. However, it is rather boring (to me) when the same pictures are to be seen again.

I also believe that your family will be happy today and for many years to come. I do not hope, that then someone does not know who he sees in the photos. Nevertheless, it would be nice to read a little explanatory text. That can be funny. Maybe there was a funny saying that someone has just said in the particular situation?
On the first page, I would definitely write down the names of those involved.

Page numbers do not have to be in the photo book. There are the respective months. I do not think, that grasmuecke meant either. (She just could not say exactly which page she cited.)

The lines at the top of the page are a bit sad for me. Here in the forum, there are many examples of how to represent the passage of time in the yearbook. I would probably make a consistent design as a common thread and not change the font. Exceptions confirm the rule, e.g. if birthdays or holidays are.

I'm sure your family will be happy to pick up your books and browse them even after many years. Keep it up.
Lieber Gruß, pitty
Benutzeravatar Offline
grasmuecke

2500 Beiträge
Gliedstaat: Wien

Ungelesener Beitragvon grasmuecke » 28.01.2018, 02:05

But: Do you really think I should have written my grandchildren's names - or did I misunderstand you?
If your book is dedicated to your grandchildren then I think their name should appear somewhere on p.2. And the author of the book should also be mentioned somewhere.
I will remember numbers on the pages in my next books - I think you are quite right here.
I always have page numbers in my books. For the page numbers I choose a "simple" font, rather small size (10-12) with txtcolor white and outline color black (or the other way round if most of the pages have a dark backgruound). Many people have a different view concerning page numbers.

Title page: I think you did some variations on how to present the 2017. One of the variations was to have a wordcloud for each of the digits and the overall shape would be a 2017.
Benutzeravatar Offline
DSL-schnell

2500 Beiträge
Gliedstaat: Franken

Ungelesener Beitragvon DSL-schnell » 28.01.2018, 09:28

On the contrary to grasmuecke I don´t think, that a photobook needs page numbers ...
Why ?
If you don´t have a table of contents, it doesn´t matter, if your pictures are on page 6 oder 25 ...
Just my opinion....
Gruß DSL-schnell
Benutzeravatar Offline
Lis Viggers

250 Beiträge

Ungelesener Beitragvon Lis Viggers » 29.01.2018, 19:12

Dear all,

I would like to thank you for taking time to look in my Photobook and write your comments. Every word is appreciated.

Thank you again. D:winki: D:winki:
Kind regards
Lis